Monday, September 14, 2009

Big week & weekend.

Alright, no pictures this post...just a recap and my thoughts on some things.

Last week I found out that the company I work for is issuing everyone who makes over $25,000 an 8% PAY CUT company wide. So, I came into the newspaper industry 2 years ago, heavily under paid as is (newspapers are the lowest paying design field right after Kinko's or Office Max) and now I am getting a pay cut which equals 80 bucks less per check...awesome (insert sarcasm here)

Along with this, the gentleman who is interested in buying the company I work for (to save us from liquidation bankruptcy) has issued all sorts of stipulations and demands for the union employees in order for him to feel comfortable making the purchase of our company. So, if by September 29th, the company is not purchased by the interested party we go back in front of the bankruptcy judge. The judge will either issue us a extension to get out of debt or....shut us down and force us to liquidate by the end of October...awesome (insert sarcasm here) The liquidation and closing will most likely happen 2 weeks before my wedding. Long story short, I am seeking out the best warehouse position so I can transition into a new job asap and avoid this unwanted stress. The graphic design field is so brutal right now, I am just going to go back to mindless warehouse work for the time being.

Alright, so enough depressing, bad economy, job-loss crap. Here is some good stuff:
2 weeks ago, Jenn and I got our motorcycle licenses and this past weekend we went looking at bikes at Conrad's HD, Willy World and via the internet. While both of our dream bikes are Harley's (mine is the Iron 883 in Black Denim) neither of us want to get our "Dream Bike" as our "First Bike". So, I think we decided that we are gonna get Honda Rebels and then get them customized and equipped with a bobber kit in order to give the bike a more classic/vintage look. More on that as the details progress. On Saturday Conrad's HD was having their 25th anniversary bash...good times, sweet bikes and lots of chaps!!

Sunday we went to the Sandwich Fair and this marks Jenn & I's 6th year going and it was just as awesome as the first. The Wisconsin Cheese Hut, Wild Bill's Soda and the most insane demolition derby we have seen yet made this year a pretty awesome one. After the fair we came home and watched the Bears lose....the hype around Cutler has been trumped by that sorry-ass season opener performance. Hopefully, this was a fluke game and Jay Cutler gets his shit together before the next game.


I wonder what this week will bring?

No comments: